A SELECTION OF PICTURES OF OLD MINEHEAD  
HOME
 
 
Wellington Hotel c.1880

Wellington Square, the Bank was a Music shop at this time.

1952 Midland Bank + International stores
note the Wellington Hotel has another storey.


Rear of the Plume of Feathers accessed
from Frog street & Tythings Court
 
 
Wellington Square
 
 
The Parade around 1880 showing the old Fish Market and the Plume of Feathers Hotel at the head of the Parade.
 
 

Frog Street, now Holloway Street

Building on left is Sea View Hotel on the
corner of Blenheim Rd. demolished 1921

New Buildings on RHS but the LHS still to be redeveloped
Plume of Feathers Hotel
bottom of Frog Street
 
 
Pre 1901 as the Fish Market has not yet been rebuilt
1901 The new Market House with the original clock place on the top
c.1902 New block complete with Natwest Bank
Looking down the Parade, bottom of Market house still boarded
 
 
Looking down the Parade
The Old Priory is the oldest building in Minehead. It became the Manor Court, later Ye Olde Priory Restaurant, run by T.G.Sully
 

 
     
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT  
 

MAIN PAGE LINKS
Minehead
pictures
Minehead
1910
Alcombe
1910
History
Minehead
Minehead
Links
Luccombe
1910
Merlins
Shop
AshleyCombe
Porlock
1910
Selworthy
1910
Recipes
Bellamy
mystery
Dunster
pictures
Dunster
1910
Minehead
firebrigade
Wootton
Courteney

Genealogy
links
Timberscombe
1910
Mother
Leakey
Monmouth
rebellion
Exmoor
Apache
tears
Watchet
pictures
Logs to burn
Captain
Stradling
Judge
Jeffreys
Exmoor
Sunsets
Tanks on
North Hill
Culbone
church
Minehead
online
TOP